

I am so behind on my blog. I don't know how it got like this but I figured I have to start from right now and work backwards or I will forget what is going on now too.
This last weekend was a really big one for us. Noah was baptized and Jamen moved into Young Men's and received the Aaronic Priesthood. I loved it and hated it all at the same time. I hate to have my kids growing up on me. Their sweet, chubby baby faces are being replaced by handsome young boy faces. Yet, I am so proud of them. Proud that they are choosing to make these steps of becoming closer to their Heavenly Father and serving and loving others along the way. They both were so ready. Jamen maybe not so much to grow up and that young men's signified that very thing but so ready to get the Priesthood and use it to bless the lives of so many.
Jamen got to get the Priesthood during the third hour. As they laid their hands on his head I was overwhelmed with love for that boy and the thought of how lucky that I get to be his mom and have been able to watch him become the young boy he is today. He has always been so mature when it comes to understanding things, especially things about the gospel. He grasps things that took me until I was older to understand. He knows what the Priesthood is and the power it is if he stays worthy of it.
Noah has been waiting, not so patiently for this day. He had to wait a few months past his birthday because we had planned on having it out in Utah when we were visiting so that all our family could be there. When Mike wasn't able to make it out because of work we had to change our plans. It was a bit sad but exciting that we would be able to celebrate it with all the people we have grown to love so much in Indiana. I couldn't believe how many came to support and love our boy. The whole gym was filled with those we have grown to call our brothers and sisters. Uncle J.D. and Aunt Tiffy and family also made the long trip to be there. It was such a short trip and really meant alot that they would make the time to be there for it.
The program was Laila opening prayer, Mike talked about the Anti-Nephi-Lehies that buried their weapons of war. It was such a great talk, one that Noah will remember for a long time, then Jamen spoke on the 2000 Stripling Warriors. That kid amazes me. The way that he can handle himself in front of a big crowd and convey thoughts is pretty amazing. Then we had the baptism. Mike asked Noah after how he felt and he said that he felt so happy and clean and like the Holy Ghost was telling him it was good. Then the Kintners sang I Love To See The Temple. After that they gave him the Holy Ghost. I am so grateful that in a world like we have that Noah gets the Holy Ghost to help him and guide him through as Mike and I won't always be able to be there with him. Then they welcomed him to primary and the ward, Noah asked to bare his testimony and Wiley said the closing prayer. It was such an inspiring event. I loved watching Noah and the excitement he had to be there and to finally be able to be baptized. He looked so happy and content. It helped me to remember the covenants that I had made on my baptism day and it reminded me how blessed we have been to found our way to Valparaiso Indiana, to live by so many great and loving people.
After church Carrie came over to have dinner with us. She has been such a blessing to us. Mike and her work so well together and her love and concern for Mike and our family is pretty incredible. It is funny how they have become like siblings. The way that they tease each other, look out for one another and their families and fight against anyone that would try to say anything unkind about the other is pretty great. It yet again shows us the hand of God in all things.


No comments:
Post a Comment