So...In November Mike was released as the Bishop. What a crazy thing. When Mike was asked I was pregnant with Laila and now she is 5. It is so weird to think that we did that calling for so long. I will never know how we worked it all out. How it was even possible. There was really no way with the type of job Mike has and all the long hours along with his commute. God himself made it possible. We were willing and God made it all piece together just like a puzzle. It changed us forever. We will never be the same. It was hard at times but we worked it together making sure our family didn't suffer along the way. Of course there were sacrifices but ones that only made us stronger and closer to our loving Father in Heaven. It was amazing to watch my husband do this. I knew he was something amazing before all of this but it made me certain that he is completely connected with his God and willing to work like crazy for him. He changed some many lives and helped so many people. When I was asking if I should marry Mike, I went to the temple to make sure it was right. Part of my answer was that Mike would have callings and that I would need to be ready to support him in them. It scared me. I'm no bishop's wife. But I am so glad it didn't scary me away. We are closer than ever as a couple and it helped me understand even better the gospel. Simple things like there is no room for judgement, ever. And that our God is our Dad and he loves us even a hundred fold of how Mike loves my children. I understand deeper things like the Atonement and how it is for everyone and it can change anyone. I knew those things before but know there is no doubt. None.
I'll never forget the Hebron ward. So many great people. I've never seen a ward like it. A collage of people from all walks of lives that just truly care for each other. I'll never forget the people that helped us make this happen. The Kintners will forever be etched in our hearts. I won't ever be able to repay them for all the things that they did for us, especially me, during those years. It was amazing to see them love my kids. They took them in like they were their own family and are still willing to do crazy things for all of us.
It was strange how hard it was for this calling to come to an end. We had looked forward to it, wondered when it would happen and then when it was here it was strange how hard it was for both of us. It had become our normal and we were actually pretty good at it. I watched my sweet husband hand over the ward that he had grown to love so much and had worried about every day and it was so hard for him. Not because he wanted to be in charge anymore but because he just wanted to ensure they'd all be taken care of. Luckily the new bishop is Kyle.
Now it's our time to breathe deeply. Not too deeply because I am now the Relief Society president and Mike is on the high council. But none the less breathe. It was a good five and a half years and I will be forever grateful for the opportunity we had to grow and help build the kingdom of God.
No comments:
Post a Comment