Saturday, October 26, 2013

Vacation Part #1

     I am so behind on my blog.  I can't believe I am posting about our summer vacation and it is almost Halloween.  What I hate about it is that I won't remember stuff because it isn't fresh on my mind.  I will do my best to remember what we did.  

     I guess because we only get to go home every other year, every time it is the summer we get to go I start to get a bit nervous.  I can't figure out why I am getting nervous, yet I feel it every time.  I think maybe I am hoping that things haven't changed, that things between my siblings and me, and things between my children and their cousins are just like they were last time we were there.  I know it may seem silly but two years is a long time.  It really is amazing how the minute we show up we feel right at home, like we haven't ever left.  I talk to my siblings just like old times and my children run off with their cousins to go play. I love that.  There is a bond that can't be changed by time or distance.  My family and Mike's family are amazing to me.  They really are the very best.  We couldn't have hand picked better people to be around and love.    
      I think people might say that going to stay and visit family isn't really a vacation but we have the best time.  Richard and Teri are so nice to let everyone share in all the fun things that they have.  The kids learned to ride motorcycles, they rode on 4-wheelers, the T-Rex, learned to ride a rip stick, ran around, jumped on the tramp, scraped their knees, played in the dirt, had a shaving cream fight, made big bubbles, did crafts, went to a ranch for dinner and a ride, had a glow in the dark egg hunt, went to Richard's boat house twice, tubed, swam, played on a giant slip and slide, made s'mores, ate good food, talked, played with the bunny, went out on a grown up dinner for my birthday and played from morning until late late at night.  Every night my kids would have to be thrown in the shower because they were covered from head to toe in dirt and sweat, exhausted from running from thing to thing all day long.  Every night as it started to get late I would think I should probably round them up so I could get them to bed at a reasonable hour and every night I would see them having so much fun and it took me back to my childhood and I just couldn't do it.  I let them stay up way past their bedtime and they enjoyed every second of their time there.  While in Pocatello, I even got to go out with the ladies ( Steph, Mandy, and Cassie) one night and I met up with Rachel Thomas to play and see her beautiful girlies.  It is so fun to catch up with old friends.  
     Every time I go back home I realize how badly I want my children to know each member of my family.  I want them to learn from them so they can became like them.  They are amazing people and I miss them every second that we don't get to be with them.  So we wait, but not patiently, for the summer of 2015.


























No comments: