Friday, August 16, 2013

Great to Be 8










This is the big year.   The year you not only get to be baptized but you also get to have a giant friend party.  We let the kids invite anyone they want to and we try really hard to make it a great time for everyone.  Wiley invited around 20 people but it was around a holiday weekend so I figured we wouldn't get too many.  After all was said and done 18 kids were able to make it.  The adults all survived the time and I think the kids had a good time.  Wiley chose to have a Ninja Turtles party and so we had a great time coming up with decorations and games to have.   Mike did an amazing job on the cake and the Mikey poster that we hung on the garage.  I thought it would be a great idea and make my own turtle pinata and after one hit it broke to the ground.  I guess that is what I get for trying to be crafty, cheap and put enough candy for 20 kids in a little paper ball.  Over all, I think everything was just right for a little boy obsessed with Ninja Turtles. 

No comments: