Just doing a little bit of catch up. I know Father's Day was a long time ago but time has just gotten away from me.
I always love this day. It is pretty easy to do when the person you are celebrating it for is an amazing father. It is truly a blessing to be able to have Mike as the father of my children. I love to watch the way he is with them. He makes me want to try harder, be more patient, spend more time, love more deeply. They are everything to him. Everything he has he shares with them. Nothing is safe and what is even more remarkable is that he wants to share with them and he watches them with whatever it is that he has just given up and he smiles. The biggest smile he can. He doesn't care if he is left with nothing. He always knows just what to say to them or how to teach them something important. He always makes them feel important and makes sure they know how excited he is to see them every chance he gets. He teases them in the most amazing way. They hate it but love it all at the same time. He is always so fun, singing and cracking off. There is no one that they would rather be with. When he comes home from work they run to him and talk a thousand miles a minute just trying to get in all of the things that they have been waiting to tell him. And he listens. Like I have never seen anyone listen to a little kid before. Like what they are saying is the most important thing in this world and it is. He has put in his time and effort and my kids love him like something I can't explain.
He loves them the closest to what I imagine our Heavenly Father loves us. It is pretty amazing to watch and it makes me want to be more like him. He has got this being a dad thing all figured out. I sure hope he knows how much we love having him be "DAD."
No comments:
Post a Comment