Thursday, October 4, 2012

Special Day With Dad



These special days with dad have become something that the kids look forward to all year long.  Mike is gone a lot and so this is a time each kids gets a whole day with just him.  They get to choose what to do and where to eat and they love it.  This one on one time with them is super important since all the other days our kids have to share everything.  My mom did this for awhile when I was growing up and I remember all the things we did like we did them yesterday.  It makes them feel so special and I am glad they get to be with their incredible dad all day.

Wiley chose to go to Zao Island and play arcade games and they went to the movies.  He loves Mexican food and so they ate at Abuelos. 

Mike forgot to get pictures of his day with Noah.  Noah chose to go bowling and went to the movies.  They ate at a noodle place and he got macaroni and cheese.  He doesn't like meat much but we usually make him eat some at every meal.  When he ordered Mike asked him if he wanted chicken or something with them and he asked if he had to.  Who doesn't like chicken?  Weird kid.  We could have just bought a box of Krafts macaroni and cheese.  But he gets to choose on that day.  

Mike always ends the day by getting them a giant ice cream that they bring home and share with everyone.  I love to see the giant smile on their faces when they walk in the door and the excitement they have as they tell me all about their day.

It is interesting to see what each of them chooses to do.  I love that they are so unique even though they are raised in the same environment by the same parents. 

No comments: