I don't know what Mike was thinking when he signed the boys up for back to school soccer. We had already played in the spring and so I thought we were done for the year. It wasn't actually as bad as I thought it would be. We put Noah on Wiley's team even though he should have played with the younger team one more season. It made it so we only had to have two teams instead of three. Mike coached both teams and luckily Kyle and another guy helped him. The boys love that their dad is their coach. Laila gets to play next year. I don't know how the Barkers did all the soccer teams with Jenny and the boys all those years.
Jamen's team played very well together. It was very fun to watch their games. I think Mike enjoyed coaching them because he could actually teach them positions and how to play and they wanted to learn and improve.
Wiley's and Noah's team had a lot of beginners and so they had a rough season. I was a bit worried about Noah playing up but he was impressive. He would get very tired but he tried really hard and did real good at goalie. Wiley did really well this season. He is super fast and I am excited to see how he does as he gets everything figured out.
No comments:
Post a Comment