Summer Events
The first few weeks we had swimming lessons. The boys really improved this year. They are not yet Olympic swimmers but I now feel confident that they can all swim in deep water without life jackets. Hurray!! We had Grandma Wood visit the first few weeks and had lots of fun with her. We spent alot of days swimming in our pool, slipping slidding, sprinkler under the tramp and swimming at the neighbors nice big pool. It was a very humid and hot summer, almost too hot to be outside if you weren't in the water. We made it to the beach a few times and had such a great time there. It was fun to watch Mike play with the kids in the sand and waves. We tried out the sprinkler park they put in downtown, went fishing, mini golf, cheap dollar movies, crafts, decorated giant cookies, coloring, library, lots of time in the garden, eating out a few times, painting, we went to Lincoln park zoo with the Kintners, and made a trip to Orland Park to eat with Mike and hang out there. I am sure I am missing things but in all we had a great summer hanging out and doing lots of fun things. Summer to me is running around outside and so I tried not to schedule too many things. I just wanted the kids to have free time to make their own fun. They have pretty good imaginations and they come up with some pretty interesting games. It is very fun to watch them interact. Now we have another 12 months to wait so we can do it all over again.
No comments:
Post a Comment