Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Grandma Fayone




One of the things that makes me sad about being so far away from home is that my kids don't get to see their grandparents as often as I would like them to. My mom and Mike's parents are great people and so I want my children to know them, love them and be influenced by them. Unfortunately they don't get to be around them often but I am so glad when we get to be with them.
My mom got to come and be with us the end of January. It was so good to have her around. The kids just love it when she is here. She spends all of her time playing with them and reading to them. She is such an incredible grandma. It is always sad to see her go and the boys just hate the day when she has to fly home. Poor Wiley gets so sad and says things to me like, "I just wish Grandma lived right next to us" or "I just wanted to tell her I love her one more time."
I sure love my mom. She is the greatest lady. I am so glad that she is willing to take the time and fly so far to come see us. I can't wait until the next time she visits or we visit her.
One funny story while she was here. She wanted to get a haircut so I set her one up with the gal I go to. On the day that she was to go I told the boys that we had to take grandma to get a haircut to which Wiley replied, "Grandma you look fine why do you want a haircut?" Then Noah interjected by saying, "No Wiley, she looks like a hippy." Good thing my mom doesn't take offense to much of what they say. I guess Noah's comment comes from us telling them all the time when they need haircuts that they look like hippies. Wiley was ready to fight Noah to defend his grandma's honor and Noah was not backing down to his idea that indeed she needed a haircut because she looked like a "hippy". Good times.

2 comments:

The Childs said...

You're mom is the best grandma, after my mom you know!!! It's a close race though.

Foote said...

I love mom just as much as you. Not fair that it cost so much more to fly out here. Love and miss you all and can't wait to be around to hear those crazy comments your kids always make.