Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Years








Our New Year's celebration this year was pretty low key. Mike's brother J.D. and his family ended up not being able to come be with us for it. Two of our kids had some nasty colds so we just hunkered down at home. We made all the bad for you stuff we could think of. There were cinnamon rolls, buffalo chicken dip, bacon covered shrimp, chocolate covered pretzels, pizza rolls, and a bunch of candy. I did talk Mike into having a few fruits out there so we didn't immediately die of heart attacks. It was a lot of fun just to be together, eat whatever and watch movies. I made Mike put his new big T.V. in the unfinished basement so we had to be down there. How would be ever possible see the movies on the measly 32 inch upstairs? I do not know how we survived before it's arrival. Two of the boys and Laila only lasted until about 9:30, so Mike and I had a quiet night.
I wonder what 2011 will bring? I hope it is as good as 2010. I do like the first of the new years. It always makes me take a look at myself and find those things that I know can be better and try to make goals to improve them. Hopefully my goals for next year won't be the same ones as this year.

No comments: