Thursday, November 4, 2010

"Another Load Another Day"








Well, it is time again to get wood for the winter. We try to get it all packed in the garage in the back before it snows. Last year Jamen complained the entire time. It was too heavy or too hard. This year he moved it like a champion. He sure has grown up in the last year. The other two love it. They climb all over it and every piece to them looks like a gun, a sword or some kind of weapon. Wiley after we finished moving the second load into the garage asked, "Will you get one more load I want to move some more wood. He apparently enjoys wood stacking. He has been singing a song while he works. "Another day another load, another load another day." I asked him where he heard that song and he told me, "I made it up." It is kind of catchy and I have caught myself singing it through out the day. Oh the joys of a wood burning stove. There really is nothing better than a cup of hot chocolate and a fire burning on a cold winter day though.

2 comments:

Greg and Jenny's family said...

aw!where do you get your wood? Lucky for us greg gets free wood from work. it heats us up nice and toasty. Gotta love the tiny heating bill in december! Love and Kisses! Miss you ALL!

Chrystie said...

Mike- I remember when we were kids and had to carry wood from the back fence to the house. We complained and complained about it. Now you're doing it to your kids? I hope they don't have to walk through two inches of snow like we did.... Andy