Jamen wrote a story in his class for Halloween. It was pretty good. His teacher and principal also thought so. It was printed in his school newsletter. I wanted to scan it and have it in here in his hand writing but for some reason our scanner is not working. I didn't change a thing. What a smart little second grader.
On the night of Halloween, something incredible happened. That night, I went to the graveyard. I saw a grave reaper lurking in the depths beneath the fog.
“Who dares to enter the Graveyard of the Cloak of the Old Gray Ghost?” commanded the grave reaper. “You shall not enter without the spell.”
I looked puzzled. I have heard of what spells can do, but not what words they have
in them. Just then, I remembered a book I had read. I said the rhyme, “Dust beneath
our finger nails, pus inside our toes, hear the screams and shrieks of nearby crows.”
The Grave Reaper looked puzzled. His eyes said, “How did you know the spell?”
The gates opened. I went inside. I was so surprised to see one coffin already dug
up. I opened the peaceful tomb and all I saw was a giant hole. I went sliding down.
Barbed arrows went flying toward me.
“Who dares to enter this tomb?” came a raspy, hissing voice.
I whirled around. A barbed, half-man, half-scorpion monster was right behind me! I
froze. No muscle in my whole body moved at all. I was about to faint when I heard the
same voice say, “It seems you did not read the sign, invader! My Plants, get him!”
Giant sun-dew plants started to whack their top on the floor. Giant Venus-Fly-trap
blasted out of the ground. I ran as fast as I could.
Once I got out of the tomb, I went home. Nobody in the house believed me. I like
Halloween!
5 comments:
That is awesome. What a great vocabulary he has for such a little guy.
He is so smart. Very impressive.
I am not exaggerating when I say that his writing, spelling, and grammar are better than 80% of our 7th graders. I can't believe that!
Good thing he hangs out with Becky alot. Or he might pick up Mikes swearing habits. HA HA I love that kid. I miss him reading me his books and telling me the coolest things about each thing. Give him a sloppy nose kiss for me. PLEASE xoxo
That is amazing. The vocabulary that dude has is incredible. Keep is up J-dog.
Post a Comment