Wednesday, October 8, 2014

August 10th

How is it that I have an 11 year old?



August 10th is a very good day for us.  It was the beginning of our sweet family.  I will never forget the moment I got to hold Jamen and feeling like I was in Heaven.  It was a very amazing feeling that day that both Mike and I had.  It is so hard to explain and I hope that I will never forget it.  
Jamen has always brought us so much joy.  He is the typical oldest child.  Very responsible, a great leader, a herder, and a great example for all his younger brothers and sisters.  The way that he understands the world and the gospel is very amazing. He is always telling us how he has everyday experiences that relate to the gospel.  He really thinks them out and they make perfect sense. He has always been such a smart boy and the way that he can remember and comprehend things is super cool. Just lately he has started to look a little older.  Almost a teenager.  It is kind of freaking me out.  He started middle school this year and it has been a bit overwhelming to me.  I just feel like he should be like 6 again.  He also has been running cross country for his school. It is crazy to be involved in a school sport that has everyday practice and commuting for meets.  
Jamen has a way of making us very proud.  He makes great choices and looks out for others.  He told me the other day that a new kid tried to sit by his group of friends.  They shoooed him away and so he left to sit by himself.  Jamen immediately stood up and took his lunch over to sit by him.  He told me that he thought there were others that didn't like that they shooed him but he said, "you know all that peer pressure stuff but I don't give a crap about that or what people think about me."  What a strong good boy.  
Things that Jamen likes right now.  He loves books.  He will pick a book over about anything.  He also loves to be outside.  He plays the WII some, is becoming a very good piano player and runs cross country like I said before.  He loves to learn anything non fiction.  Mostly about animals or bugs.  He loves Chinese food, and being with his family.  He has been super fun to watch grow and mature and has become very funny with a quick wit. We love our J-Dizzle.

No comments: