Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Everyday Life

I have a quote on my wall that says, "We don't remember the days, we remember the moments." So... I have been trying to take note and pictures of everyday things so that I don't forget them someday.  Those are the things that I will want to be able to picture in my mind and remember all the details to when all my monkeys are gone.  Here are a few.
 Laila loves to play with Rudy.  She is always trying to make him happy.  They enjoy banging on the piano everyday.  While I run around cleaning stuff.
This picture makes me smile because this is how my bed ends up every Saturday morning.  Saturdays are the only day that Mike and I are not out of our beds and running in a million different directions way before the kids are up. We get to lay there and relax for just a minute.  One by one the kids trickle into our room and climb into our bed and before we know it me and Mike are kicked out because there is no more room for us in the bed.  It is my favorite and I look forward to Saturday mornings all week long. It is a great time to just talk and listen and enjoy each of my amazing kids.


We always make a bunch of trips to the Halloween stores to check every thing out and try on some hats.  
This was our Friday night headlamp tag.  The kids loved it and it was well worth the 3 dollars a piece the lights cost.  They ran around for a couple of hours playing in the dark.
This is my Noah.  He grabs whatever is closest to wear and doesn't care what it looks like.  He has had some very interesting outfits and they almost always include a hat.  Love that boy.
We all love a great hike in the fall or spring.  Too bad there aren't any mountains to climb.
There is always time for a good BBQ with great friends like the Kintner's, Astle's or just us.  Mike will shovel a pathway to his BBQ so we can even have good grub in the winter time.
Here is our early morning daily workouts.  Rudy is always so helpful when he wakes up early enough to join us.
Everyday at the Barker home there is some kind of battle with some kind of weapon.  
Even Laila gets in on it now and again.  


No comments: