Thursday, April 17, 2014

Disaster

When it was super cold this winter we had the pipes freeze.  While trying to thaw them Mike discovered that our master bathroom's toilet had been slowly leaking and had rotted out the floor around it and through to our fun garage in the back.  Bummer!!  So all the money that I wanted to put into a remodeled kitchen went to redo the bathroom.  It was a long process.  The kids enjoyed the demo until we had to chisel bits of the floor concrete backer board  up.   I think we all ended up with blisters.  It was a bit stressful picking everything out.  I just knew I wanted dark wood-like tile floors and light cabinets.  The rest came together and it turned out pretty nice.  We still have a couple of things to finish up but man is it nice to have our bathroom back.
Photo: Dear secret hole under the bathroom floor, Becky sniffed you out and smashed your face.  Wait till you see the bathroom she built, on a budget, that she is going to install right over the top of your face.




No comments: