Friday, February 22, 2013

La Navidad

















 It seems like holiday seasons come up fast and are gone before I know it anymore.  I remember as a kid the month of December seeming like it lasted a year.  I know it is because I am the mom now and the excitement is different.  But we enjoy it so much that we are all sad it is over so fast and have to wait a whole year to have it all over again. I love all the things holidays bring.  I love the lazy days, days off of school and work, the delicious food and treats and the happy and loving feelings it brings.  I wish I could bottle those feelings for the whole year.
 I think we did well getting the boys and Laila what they really liked this year.  It really stinks when you spend money on things that get played with for 10 minutes and then set aside to never be played with again.  We also had a surprise from our spy elf Nippy.  He gave the kids a trip to Wisconsin Dells.  It was such a great vacation.  It was just over night but we decided it was the first vacation that Mike and I had ever taken since being married.  The kids had the best time.  They loved the hotel room.  It was a big room with an adjoining room and so it was plenty big for us.  Laila still talks about the hotel room.  The water park was Chula Vista.  We went the night we got there and then went back early the next day and stayed the whole day.  The kids ran and ran from ride to ride and swam and swam.   We were all very tired but sad to leave and return home.  It was really a perfect trip for us.  The water park had things for all ages and Rudy was an angel baby and pretty much just slept in our arms the whole time. I sure hope this becomes a yearly tradition for Nippy.  

No comments: