Sunday, February 3, 2013

Beautiful Dancer


The other morning, after a long night shift, I was awakened by the scurrying sound of little feet outside my door. I opened my door to find my Laila, standing there in what I would consider to be a pretty impressive ninja stance holding a piece of PVC pipe the boys use as a Star Wars weapon. She paused as she saw me. Her eyes narrowed. She motioned for me to come forward as though she was channeling Bruce Lee. As tired as I was I'm always game for an epic ninja battle. I approached cautiously. "Grab it" she whispered. As I grasped the end of the staff my mind raced in anticipation. I prepared my karate fist of fury and said "enough talk, let's fight!". To this Laila looked at me in disgust. No Daddy! We are beautiful dancers! Her eyes narrowed and her knuckles went white "NOW DANCE!". I hate being a beautiful dancer.
Mike

No comments: