I am terrible about throwing parties. I think I get so busy in my own chaotic life that I don't want to add to it. I also think that my kids don't need big parties every year.
Jamen got to have a big party this year for turning 8. Of course he wanted a dinosaur party . It ended up being really great. I am sure that is due to how much Mike helped out, that my mom and Paige were here to help and that some mom's stuck around and helped us. Thirteen kids came, some from church, some from school. We had a scavenger hunt, a fossil dig, pin the tail on the dinosaur, a pinata, and made fossils. The kids seemed to have a great time and Jamen scored big on his presents. It seemed these people really knew what he likes. His favorite present of the day was a book with a piece of fossilized dinosaur poop. He would not put it down. It really was a great time and Jamen had a huge smile for days.
No comments:
Post a Comment