While we were out West visiting family we had Jamen's baptism. What a great day. It was a bit sad for me seeing my little boy so big but I was excited and proud that he got to start his way in this incredible gospel. He was so excited for it. On his birthday I asked him if he was excited that it was his birthday and he told me, "This is a good day, but the best day is going to be my baptism day."
Most of Mike's family was able to come and everyone but Maria and Fayette's family from mine made it. On the way to Utah Maria's family got caught behind a wreck so they just missed it. What a bummer.
It was cool to have all family members doing the program. Jamen picked out who he wanted to do what. Dave conducted, Mom gave the opening prayer, Uncle Shawn gave the baptism talk, Aunt Kate sang The Garden song and Uncle Wiley played the piano. They did such a great job. Mike has always sang that song to the kids at night when they go to bed or when they can't sleep so it was super special. After the song Mike baptized him, and Uncle Richard and Uncle Wiley were the witnesses. When they came back Uncle Brigham gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and then Mike and I had a minute to talk to Jamen. Of course I had to cry but I talked to him about the experience I had when he was a little baby. As I rocked him and sang him I am a Child of God the most incredible feeling came over me that he really was a child of God and that he was extremely special. I knew God had some big plans for him after that day. When Mike and I were done Karen gave the closing prayer. It was perfect. I was so glad he got to have all the people that love him the most there with him on such a special day. I am super excited for his future as his testimony grows in his Savior and Heavenly Father. Man we sure love that little boy.
1 comment:
We were so happy that we were able to be there. We are so proud of him and he is such a great example. We love him so much.
Post a Comment