Soccer has been really fun this year. The boys have improved so much over the couple of seasons that they have played. Noah even got to play this year. He has been waiting and waiting (not to patiently) to be able to play. He is very fun to watch. He is the very smallest guy most of the time but he fears no one. He pushes his way through the crowds to get the ball and off he goes. The problem he has is staying off the ground. Wiley has really got some speed. He is usually the fastest guy on the teams. This last game Wiley had 3 goals and Noah had 1. Go team Barker!!! I think we may have won the game for the team. Jamen has had incredible improvement this year. He has gotten a lot faster and much more aggressive. He seems so much more confident and not afraid to take the ball from anyone. The other day he had a really good game. I asked him why he was so amazing and he said, "After I got pushed down I got mad and so I kept saying in my head, If you mess with the bull you get the horn!" Laila is not much of a cheerleader. I think she would probably rather be playing too. In between the boys games one week we had the kids hang on a bar to see who could stay there the longest. Laila beat the boys every time. It was pretty funny. I am grateful that Mike is willing to coach their teams. With the little time he has free he then has to add in two practices and two games every week. It makes for a busy, stressful period of time but I know that the boys will grow up and remember how much their dad sacrificed to coach them. My kids will never wonder whether or not their dad loves them. What a great dad. It's all over and we are sad. Not sad to have a few minutes of free time to ourselves but sad because it was very fun watching the boys play and improve. We won't be able to play back to school soccer because of our vacation so it is over until next spring.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
Soccer
Soccer has been really fun this year. The boys have improved so much over the couple of seasons that they have played. Noah even got to play this year. He has been waiting and waiting (not to patiently) to be able to play. He is very fun to watch. He is the very smallest guy most of the time but he fears no one. He pushes his way through the crowds to get the ball and off he goes. The problem he has is staying off the ground. Wiley has really got some speed. He is usually the fastest guy on the teams. This last game Wiley had 3 goals and Noah had 1. Go team Barker!!! I think we may have won the game for the team. Jamen has had incredible improvement this year. He has gotten a lot faster and much more aggressive. He seems so much more confident and not afraid to take the ball from anyone. The other day he had a really good game. I asked him why he was so amazing and he said, "After I got pushed down I got mad and so I kept saying in my head, If you mess with the bull you get the horn!" Laila is not much of a cheerleader. I think she would probably rather be playing too. In between the boys games one week we had the kids hang on a bar to see who could stay there the longest. Laila beat the boys every time. It was pretty funny. I am grateful that Mike is willing to coach their teams. With the little time he has free he then has to add in two practices and two games every week. It makes for a busy, stressful period of time but I know that the boys will grow up and remember how much their dad sacrificed to coach them. My kids will never wonder whether or not their dad loves them. What a great dad. It's all over and we are sad. Not sad to have a few minutes of free time to ourselves but sad because it was very fun watching the boys play and improve. We won't be able to play back to school soccer because of our vacation so it is over until next spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment