Apparently over Sunday and Monday our county was considered in a state of emergency. It surprised me because we have had way worse storms since I have been here. It was blowing really hard and thus making lots of drifts and maybe it was worse in other areas but not sure why a state of emergency. The boys were excited because they got Monday and Tuesday off of school. Of course they spent much of it playing out in the snow. I love that they like to be out playing in it, I do not however like getting them dresses to go out in it. It takes so long to find everyone's stuff. Then when they come in, what a joy it is to find somewhere to put all the wet clothes. Laila however did not like it out there. She could hardly move in her clothes and when I put her gloves on she couldn't get herself up when she fell down. I found her once with the top of her head in the snow, bent at the waist,stuck and super mad. With the gloves she could not push herself up. I laughed pretty hard but she did not think it was very funny. No smiles on the sled either. Oh well maybe next year she will like it when she can actually move around in the stuff.
Wednesday, December 15, 2010
State Of Emergency In Porter County
Apparently over Sunday and Monday our county was considered in a state of emergency. It surprised me because we have had way worse storms since I have been here. It was blowing really hard and thus making lots of drifts and maybe it was worse in other areas but not sure why a state of emergency. The boys were excited because they got Monday and Tuesday off of school. Of course they spent much of it playing out in the snow. I love that they like to be out playing in it, I do not however like getting them dresses to go out in it. It takes so long to find everyone's stuff. Then when they come in, what a joy it is to find somewhere to put all the wet clothes. Laila however did not like it out there. She could hardly move in her clothes and when I put her gloves on she couldn't get herself up when she fell down. I found her once with the top of her head in the snow, bent at the waist,stuck and super mad. With the gloves she could not push herself up. I laughed pretty hard but she did not think it was very funny. No smiles on the sled either. Oh well maybe next year she will like it when she can actually move around in the stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment