Monday, August 16, 2010




















I can’t believe she’s already one. It just seems like I had her and now she’s a big girl. It was weird this year buying birthday decorations. It was very different colors than we usually pick out and when I went to pick out the birthday banner I didn’t even know what to do. There were so many princesses, what happened to Hulk or Ironman? I ended up picking Tinker Bell. I guess because in some way she reminds me of Laila. We had a great day. First we had a pool party and water fight, when Mike got home we had a dinner and then we had her open her present, finally we had the cake. She was by far the best messy cake eater of them all. She would smash her face in it and then eat it by the hand full. It was very humorous to watch. In the end she was covered in cake from head to toe and had to be put in the tub to be scrapped clean. We love love love our laila. We feel we got pretty lucky to have her in our family. There is just something about her that every single one of us is drawn to.

Things Laila does now:
-She has almost 6 teeth and she has the cheesiest smile ever.
-She has walked 10 steps by herself but would still rather crawl.
-She screams, growls, claps and waves at mike at church when it’s suppose to be quiet.
-She has a walker toy and cruises around the house with it until she runs into something.
-She loves to get dirty and is a super messy eater. When she’s done eating she just clears the food that is left onto the floor.
-She says Dad clear as day.
-She claps her hands when we say “Yeah Laila”.
-She blows kisses.
-She plays peek- a -boo.
-She climbs on everything and can get herself off safely.
-She climbs the stairs really good and comes down very quickly backwards.
-She was 20.7 pounds at her Dr Appointment the other day and has the chubbiest legs.
-She has decided she doesn’t want to go to many people.
-She likes to get into everything and empties out the cup drawer all day long.
-She makes us laugh all day.

I think it's safe to say that we are all in love with our Laila.

2 comments:

Kate and Wiley said...

Those are the best birthday cake pictures I have ever seen. She loves her sweets!! We are so glad Laila is around. We kind of like her :)

Brigham and Kristi said...

Laila is so cute. Happy Birthday, we miss her so much.