Tuesday, February 26, 2019

EFY

Mike's parents decided that they wanted to help their grandchildren with the money that they have saved over the years.  The way that they thought they could do that was by sending the kids once they turn 14 to EFY.  They thought it would be good for them to be around a bunch of good kids, learning more about the gospel, making friends and being when possible, at BYU to see what a great school it is. Jamen got to go this year and was able to be there with his cousins Audry and Isabel.  He had to fly there by himself.  He had never flown so we were all a bit nervous.  It was the weirdest feeling sending my boy away like that.  They let me take him to the plane and wait with him until he got on but boy did I not like watching him board that plane.  It was wierd.  He is old enough I know.  I just still hated it for some reason.  I will tell you it was pretty amazing to see him come off that flight after he landed back in Chicago being away for almost 2 weeks.  How am I ever going to be able to handle sending my boys and possible Laila on missions?  
Jamen had a great time at EFY.  He is such a fun kid and so sure of himself.  He is not afraid to have fun and enjoy himself.  It was great to have his cousins there as well and they were able to hang out alot during the week they were there.  I am so greatful to Dave and Karen for being so generous and loving to us and their grandchildren.  


No comments: