Saturday, February 16, 2019

Cayman Islands

I can't even begin to explain our trip to the Cayman Islands that we where able to take in May.  My mom came and stayed with the kids.  She is so loving and good to my kids and that it makes it so I feel like we can do this once in awhile.  We had the most amazing time.  It is always interesting to me how weird it is to be without children for the first few days we are away.  I always feel a little lost and like I am missing something.  Some times it is so good for Mike and I to get some alone time, just like it was when we were dating or before we had Jamen.  Time to be together and keep our marriage strong, and making amazing memories.  We had the best time exploring the island. It was so beautiful.  We rented a car so that we could get around but they drive on the opposite side of the road so it was confusing for Mike at first.  My job was to keep saying, "stay to the right, stay to the right."  He had it mastered in no time.  We spent many days just scuba diving.  We got a magazine that told us all the best spots to go and then we just swam, took pictures and saw amazing sea life. It was so cool to see everything up close and in real life.  We also went on an outing that took us out to a reef where sting rays congregate.  We were able to get into the shallow area and feed and swim with them.  It was an experience I will never forget.  They were very much like puppies just hanging out by our feet and wanting treats.  After that we went to rum point where there are huge star fish all over.  They are weird creatures and it was fun to see all of the different colors and the weird way they stick themselves to things.  After that we went to some caves that they have discovered there.  I really liked to listen to the local guide teach us about all the ways the locals use the different plants to make things and for medicinal purposes.  We also got to spend time at a place called Rum point.  It was much more of a tourist place but we snorkeled and walked around seeing all of the beautiful vacation homes built there.  We ate some good food although it was very expensive. We also had a full kitchen so we were able to eat some of our meals at our place. It was definitely a trip of a life time.  I will forever cherish the time I had to spend with Mike there.
I can't even begin to explain our trip to the Cayman Islands that we where able to take in May.  My mom came and stayed with the kids.  She is so loving and good to my kids and that it makes it so I feel like we can do this once in awhile.  We had the most amazing time.  It is always interesting to me how weird it is to be without children for the first few days we are away.  I always feel a little lost and like I am missing something.  Some times it is so good for Mike and I to get some alone time, just like it was when we were dating or before we had Jamen.  Time to be together and keep our marriage strong, and making amazing memories.  We had the best time exploring the island. It was so beautiful.  We rented a car so that we could get around but they drive on the opposite side of the road so it was confusing for Mike at first.  My job was to keep saying, "stay to the right, stay to the right."  He had it mastered in no time.  We spent many days just scuba diving.  We got a magazine that told us all the best spots to go and then we just swam, took pictures and saw amazing sea life. It was so cool to see everything up close and in real life.  We also went on an outing that took us out to a reef where sting rays congregate.  We were able to get into the shallow area and feed and swim with them.  It was an experience I will never forget.  They were very much like puppies just hanging out by our feet and wanting treats.  After that we went to rum point where there are huge star fish all over.  They are weird creatures and it was fun to see all of the different colors and the weird way they stick themselves to things.  After that we went to some caves that they have discovered there.  I really liked to listen to the local guide teach us about all the ways the locals use the different plants to make things and for medicinal purposes.  We also got to spend time at a place called Rum point.  It was much more of a tourist place but we snorkeled and walked around seeing all of the beautiful vacation homes built there.  We ate some good food although it was very expensive. We also had a full kitchen so we were able to eat some of our meals at our place. It was definitely a trip of a life time.  I will forever cherish the time I had to spend with Mike there.
I can't even begin to explain our trip to the Cayman Islands that we where able to take in May.  My mom came and stayed with the kids.  She is so loving and good to my kids and that it makes it so I feel like we can do this once in awhile.  We had the most amazing time.  It is always interesting to me how weird it is to be without children for the first few days we are away.  I always feel a little lost and like I am missing something.  Some times it is so good for Mike and I to get some alone time, just like it was when we were dating or before we had Jamen.  Time to be together and keep our marriage strong, and making amazing memories.  We had the best time exploring the island. It was so beautiful.  We rented a car so that we could get around but they drive on the opposite side of the road so it was confusing for Mike at first.  My job was to keep saying, "stay to the right, stay to the right."  He had it mastered in no time.  We spent many days just scuba diving.  We got a magazine that told us all the best spots to go and then we just swam, took pictures and saw amazing sea life. It was so cool to see everything up close and in real life.  We also went on an outing that took us out to a reef where sting rays congregate.  We were able to get into the shallow area and feed and swim with them.  It was an experience I will never forget.  They were very much like puppies just hanging out by our feet and wanting treats.  After that we went to rum point where there are huge star fish all over.  They are weird creatures and it was fun to see all of the different colors and the weird way they stick themselves to things.  After that we went to some caves that they have discovered there.  I really liked to listen to the local guide teach us about all the ways the locals use the different plants to make things and for medicinal purposes.  We also got to spend time at a place called Rum point.  It was much more of a tourist place but we snorkeled and walked around seeing all of the beautiful vacation homes built there.  We ate some good food although it was very expensive. We also had a full kitchen so we were able to eat some of our meals at our place. It was definitely a trip of a life time.  I will forever cherish the time I had to spend with Mike there.






















































No comments: