Thursday, November 30, 2017

Firsts

A parent is only very rarely lucky enough to have camera in hand during one of the pivotal firsts of their child's development. This weekend I had such a stroke of luck. There I stood, right place, right time, right lighting, to catch a developmental first of my youngest. His very first bona-fide effective, and in context eye roll.
Me: "Rudy, its a little cold. Would you like to put on your hat?"
Rudy: "Dad... (deep labored sigh...) I already told you." (lengthy deliberate... Slightly painful looking eye roll. Pudgy finer suddenly flicks out of his sticky fist... Rudy slowly raises his arm, pointing with the now shaking finger to his spiked up hair). "If you put on my hat, it will make my spiked hair go down, and I dont need that, ok?"
Me: "Alrighty then. No... hat. Got it."
Ahhhh.... My parenting efforts have now been effectively rendered moot.

Image may contain: 1 person, standing

No comments: