Thursday, November 30, 2017

14 Really????

We got to celebrate Jamen's birthday after we returned from our vacation.  He turned 14.  My sweet boy is 14!!!  I am not ready for all that comes with this age yet.  He has been running cross country with the high school, he will start high school.  It just doesn't seem right.  It doesn't seem like it has been 14 years since I laid eyes on him.  I will never forget that day.  It was like time stood still.  The spirit in the room was so thick you could cut it.  That day I felt my Heavenly Fathers confidence in me because I knew he had sent me one of His very special children to raise. 

I have enjoyed watching him grow, learn and change.  He is such an old soul.  He understands so much more than I did at that age.  He knows the gospel, he loves to learn, he wants to be obedient, he is an amazing example to his siblings and he just makes us so proud to be our parents.  I am so overcome with joy every time I think about how blessed I am to call him my son.

For his birthday, Jamen asked for "Cheesefest" with man grilled cheese and man cheese soup. To honor his 14 year milestone, we did just that. Hiding between the sandwiches and soup there were regular cheddar, gouda, gorgonzola, mozzarella, monterrey jack, habanero cheddar, asadero, queso quesadilla, parmesan, pepper jack, provolone, extra sharp cheddar, Muenster, and black peppercorn romano. 14 cheeses. No better way to start off your 14th year than with 14 hours of the cheese sweats and 14 days of constipation. Happy 14th birthday Jay Dizzle.








No comments: