Summers are the best because I get to see my kids more. I always get a bit nervous because I'm worried about what I will do with 5 kids all summer long and especially here in Virginia because we don't have any of our stuff like the pool, big yard, trampoline, and play-set. I talked with Mike about my worries and he had a great idea for a program to help keep the kids busy doing awesome things each day. He called it Ninja Warriors and it had several categories. I can't remember the clever names he gave each category but there was one for chores, one for reading and studying and one for working out. They had a chance to earn points each day in each category and then try to earn enough points by the end of the summer for some prizes. It went over very well. The kids really got into it and it kept them busy most of the summer. We earned the coupon books from the library and got to use many of them through out the months. It turned out to be a really great summer that I didn't want to end.








No comments:
Post a Comment