Sunday, November 27, 2016
Not Done
There's nothing quite like waking up the same flawed human being you went to bed as last night. A human being with low tolerances and high needs, low understanding and strong habits and tendencies. There's nothing like waking up to the embarrassment of knowing that you are not nearly who you should be by now, despite the many opportunities placed right at your feet. It's disheartening and discouraging. But as I was running this morning maybe I realized, or maybe I remembered, that there is nothing quite like the relief and hope that one feels, while surveying the true depths of those flaws needs, habits, issues, as they remember the one most important point. Not that "nobody's perfect," or the world's favorite excuse not to improve that "I am who I am, and everyone else has to love me for me or drop dead." The most important point that we often forget, but if understood will keep us going. The truth that.. he isn't done with me yet. He's not! There is nothing quite like the relief of remembering that... this isn't who I have to be, or who I will always be, if I just listen, keep trying, don't quit, and don't give in. Nothing quite like it. Today, I'm thankful. I took this picture in hopes that the next time I struggle with this same thing, that I might just remember. He isn't done with me yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment