Thursday, September 15, 2016

Favorite Place in Virginia...I Mean Maryland

    One thing that we have discovered about Virginia at least where we are is that it is a very busy place and that there are tons of people everywhere you go.  For a little town girl and kids that were just taken away from an acre and a half that was very hard on all of us.  We felt surrounded all the time.  It was loud and chaotic.  We would go to a trail in the woods and there would be about a million people.  We went there to get away from people and just feel peace and quiet and there they all were, waiting to walk right behind and in front of us.  We felt boxed in everywhere we went.  It felt like there was no where to escape the constant feeling of being surrounded by people.  It was a weird feeling I especially didn't like.
    Luckily we were able to find a place about an hour from where we are.  It is in Maryland near where Andy and Christy are living.  It is a beach right on the Chesapeake Bay.  We call it Shark Tooth Beach and it was a place that saved me in the beginning.  After I found it with the help of Christy I felt at least there was somewhere I could run too when I got sick of the busy.  Somewhere that I could think and listen, a place where all the hustle and bustle settled down for just a couple of hours.  We have been there several times and my kids really love it there.  They love to look for shark teeth in the sand, jelly fish in the water and climb on all the rocks and trees.  But most of all we like to feel the calmness that a place like that gives us.




No comments: