Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Snow Storm of the Century

So in January we had a big snow storm.  It was really a pretty good one.  To those in Virginia it was the snow storm of the century.  It was crazy to watch the way these people reacted to it.  The kids were out of school for 10 straight school days, the grocery store shelves were stripped bare.  There was not a chip, soda, beer or frozen pizza to be found.  It actually got me a little nervous the way they were reacting to it.  I even bought Jesus candles because they were the cheapest ones at Target just in case the lights went off.  Idaho and Indiana reacts so differently to a snow storm.  There would be one day maybe two days off of school and the roads would be cleared within the day.   Mike even got like 3 days off.  We watched some movies, played in the snow and went sledding.  It was a nice break but so weird to me.  I have been told that any time it snows I need to be prepared for a day off.  Interesting...




No comments: