Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Dear Rudy

Dear Rudy,
You are going to take a nap today, tomorrow, and everyday. It doesn't matter that you want to watch Animal Mechanicals or that there is a new episode of Team Hotwheels "that has pirates in it." The fact that you, suddenly DO want to finish your peanut butter sandwich after all, can't spare you from what's about to happen.
Rudy, I'm not trying to be callous when I note that despite your sudden Sonora Dessert level parched throat, and the 14 gallons of water needed to satiate such a thirst, your immediate and uncontrollable need to pee 13 times in a row, or the injustice that you didn't get a sucker "like I promised," you're still going to take a nap.
If you only understood that there is but one thing that can save you from your nap... a completely "unanticipated" ultra-fit, complete with dancing, jumping, and throat veins, followed by a lengthy period of pleading, noting that I am, in fact, the best dad in the world (and also "very nice" ) and your "best friend," followed immediately by pointed accusations and gross estimations of my meanness (both actual and perceived..). That's the one thing that will save you for sure Wait... No... Hold on a minute.... Nope... Nevermind I was wrong. That won't save you. Sorry for the little inconvenience there. You will have a nap because it's good for you and will make you happier. I want you to be happy. That's what you do when you love your kids, and this dad loves his Rudy, even just before nap time. I see politics in his future.Dear Rudy,
You are going to take a nap today, tomorrow, and everyday. It doesn't matter that you want to watch Animal Mechanicals or that there is a new episode of Team Hotwheels "that has pirates in it." The fact that you, suddenly DO want to finish your peanut butter sandwich after all, can't spare you from what's about to happen.
Rudy, I'm not trying to be callous when I note that despite your sudden Sonora Dessert level parched throat, and the 14 gallons of water needed to satiate such a thirst, your immediate and uncontrollable need to pee 13 times in a row, or the injustice that you didn't get a sucker "like I promised," you're still going to take a nap.
If you only understood that there is but one thing that can save you from your nap... a completely "unanticipated" ultra-fit, complete with dancing, jumping, and throat veins, followed by a lengthy period of pleading, noting that I am, in fact, the best dad in the world (and also "very nice" ) and your "best friend," followed immediately by pointed accusations and gross estimations of my meanness (both actual and perceived..). That's the one thing that will save you for sure Wait... No... Hold on a minute.... Nope... Nevermind I was wrong. That won't save you. Sorry for the little inconvenience there. You will have a nap because it's good for you and will make you happier. I want you to be happy. That's what you do when you love your kids, and this dad loves his Rudy, even just before nap time. I see politics in his future.Dear Rudy,
You are going to take a nap today, tomorrow, and everyday. It doesn't matter that you want to watch Animal Mechanicals or that there is a new episode of Team Hotwheels "that has pirates in it." The fact that you, suddenly DO want to finish your peanut butter sandwich after all, can't spare you from what's about to happen.
Rudy, I'm not trying to be callous when I note that despite your sudden Sonora Dessert level parched throat, and the 14 gallons of water needed to satiate such a thirst, your immediate and uncontrollable need to pee 13 times in a row, or the injustice that you didn't get a sucker "like I promised," you're still going to take a nap.
If you only understood that there is but one thing that can save you from your nap... a completely "unanticipated" ultra-fit, complete with dancing, jumping, and throat veins, followed by a lengthy period of pleading, noting that I am, in fact, the best dad in the world (and also "very nice" ) and your "best friend," followed immediately by pointed accusations and gross estimations of my meanness (both actual and perceived..). That's the one thing that will save you for sure Wait... No... Hold on a minute.... Nope... Nevermind I was wrong. That won't save you. Sorry for the little inconvenience there. You will have a nap because it's good for you and will make you happier. I want you to be happy. That's what you do when you love your kids, and this dad loves his Rudy, even just before nap time. I see politics in his future.

No comments: