Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Family Reunion

I wish I would have written about our vacation before now.  I can't remember all the great things we were able to do while we were in Idaho.  Mike had to do a 30 day TDY in Maryland out of the blue and wasn't going to be able to come on vacation so we decided to head out to Idaho early.  It was all fun the minute we showed up.  My family always makes it such a great time while we are there.  We shot guns, rode on the T-rex, rode dirt bikes, drove go carts, had a 4th of July celebration, played games,  went wake boarding, tubing, swimming, fishing, parades, visiting and basically living the good life with family.  It is always so good to see everyone and catch up.  I may just have one of  the best families on earth.


































We just finished a GREAT family reunion. All but Andy's family were able to attend. Mike had to work as well (good old FBI) but was able to come for one day of the reunion. It was a glorious mix of eating, laughing kids, eating, trampoline jumping, eating, crying kids, eating, gabbing adults, eating, and general chaos. Great time, and lasting memories. (Grandpa Barker)
Part two of our vacation was to Utah.  Almost everyone was able to make it.  With Mike's family scattered all over the country it makes that very difficult.  It was really amazing.  We had a great time with activities planned for each day.  It always amazes me how much the kids change since the last times we got to see them.  I am not sure how I lucked out on have such a great group of people as my in laws.  I feel so blessed that we get to be a part of all of their lives and get to be loved and cared about by them.  Here I sit wishing that it was 2017 and time to get together again.  










No comments: