Christmas time is the best time of year. Even with the miserable weather I love it. The kids get stoked for weeks leading up to it. They also get a bit crazy but I love to watch the excitement. I love the traditions we have made with our little family. I still remember the ones I use to do with my family growing up. I looked forward to them so much, even when I got older. My family always made reindeer poop every year. I don't think they were even very good but that is what we did and it wasn't Christmas until they were made. I remember waking everyone up super early even though I knew almost every present. I couldn't wait to see my family members faces and see if they got something they liked. Mike on the other hand had a very different Christmas morning experience. His dad to torture his children, would not let the kids make any noise until 7:00. Then after that he came up with thing after thing he had to do to drag it out just to watch the kids die inside waiting. Mike of course had to carry that tradition on. It is very fun to watch. One year we could hear Jamen directing everyone to stay quiet and when someone tried to bolt before the right time he tackled them at the waist to stop the perp. I love to see how Mike and I meshed together. How we were able to blend such very different family upbringings together to make our family. I love everything about it. It makes me happy. It brings me so much joy. I can't wait for years and years of our traditions.
Tuesday, April 14, 2015
Christmas
Christmas time is the best time of year. Even with the miserable weather I love it. The kids get stoked for weeks leading up to it. They also get a bit crazy but I love to watch the excitement. I love the traditions we have made with our little family. I still remember the ones I use to do with my family growing up. I looked forward to them so much, even when I got older. My family always made reindeer poop every year. I don't think they were even very good but that is what we did and it wasn't Christmas until they were made. I remember waking everyone up super early even though I knew almost every present. I couldn't wait to see my family members faces and see if they got something they liked. Mike on the other hand had a very different Christmas morning experience. His dad to torture his children, would not let the kids make any noise until 7:00. Then after that he came up with thing after thing he had to do to drag it out just to watch the kids die inside waiting. Mike of course had to carry that tradition on. It is very fun to watch. One year we could hear Jamen directing everyone to stay quiet and when someone tried to bolt before the right time he tackled them at the waist to stop the perp. I love to see how Mike and I meshed together. How we were able to blend such very different family upbringings together to make our family. I love everything about it. It makes me happy. It brings me so much joy. I can't wait for years and years of our traditions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment