Wiley has been waiting all year for wrestling. He went up to Valpo high for the first session and it was ok but he wanted more than what they give to beginners. So we decided to try out Boone Groove. They were much more organized and they had practice for an hour and a half twice a week but as we got into it the coaches already had who they were going to help out. They didn't help Wiley because he isn't a Boone Groove boy. It is very sad and hard to realize that people are only out for themselves. They aren't there to actually coach everyone but there to further their program. Mike got really mad and yelled at the coach. They didn't even know what Wiley's name was after going to practices for almost 3 months. It just sucks because Wiley really likes it. He is a natural at it and has a ton of heart. If someone would just take an interest in him he could improve by leaps and bounds. Wiley did get to go to a real tournament this year. He did very good, especially for his first ever. The first guy got him pretty good but the second guy Wiley won. The third one was pretty close but Wiley ended up losing. I think it was a good experience for him and I got a taste of what it is like to watch a kid in an individual event. It was very intense. I did not like it very much. I think next year we will try out Chesterton. We are bound to find someone who has a good program. At least I hope.
No comments:
Post a Comment