I have to say I have the best husband. He does these special days with our kids and this year Laila got to join in the fun. Mike had heard some guys at work talking about a daddy daughter dance that they were forced to take their daughters to every year and so Mike decided that if those idiots could take their girls to a dance then he could to. He found one going on here in Valpo at the YMCA and so we got tickets for them to go. The minute Laila heard about it she was super excited. With a little help Mike got her a fancy dress and she decided she needed a tiara and pretty shoes to be a dancing princess. Mike even got her a little wrist corsage. The wait until the day was pure torture for her but the night finally arrived. We did her hair all beautiful and Mike got all spiffy and they left for their dance.
I have to say when they returned I have never seen her more excited. She had the best time. She couldn't stop talking about all the things they got to do and the cool sack of things they gave them afterwards. Mike said that she danced for two hours straight. He even danced the whole time with her. He came home with a sore back from throwing her around all night. The got to eat a fancy meal, take pictures, and dance like no one was watching.
I am super proud that he is willing to step outside of his comfort zone and do something for her that she will remember for the rest of her life. What a great dad. She is so lucky to have him.

No comments:
Post a Comment