We started a new thing with our kids. I decided that I need to be able to do some fun things with my kids. I am with all of them all of the time and I never get to have any one on one time with them. A lot of the time spent with them is doing chores and homework or running from one thing to another. The boring stuff, that has to be done and is part of my job, but I don't want them to see me as the slave driver when they grow up. The parent that was always telling them what to do and never having fun with them. So, once a month I get to take one of them out to breakfast and spend the morning with them.
We started with Wiley because Jamen always gets to go first. He chose a little cafe in the area and so we tried it out. He had a great time getting anything that he wanted and then we just talked. It is interesting how much more you get to listen when it is just one on one. Wiley is such a great kid. He is a family boy. He loves to be with his family and likes to be home. He is a very loyal kid. The other day a lady that is in primary was giving the kids candy and before she would give it to them they had to say that she was their favorite. Wiley would have none of that and walked away from the candy because he was not about to say that she was better than his mom. What a sweet boy. He was telling me how Mike is wiser than Yoda, that I was the most beautiful mom(he sure knows what to tell a mom to melt her heart), that Jamen is the smartest boy, Noah is the best athlete, Laila is the prettiest princess and that Rudy was the best baby in the world. He really really loves his family. He prays for us every night and would fight anyone anywhere if they threatened one of us.
On the way home from breakfast we had to stop at the flower shop and pick up Laila's corsage because her and Mike were going to the Daddy Daughter dance later that night. When we walked in Wiley immediately did not like it in there. I was teasing him about how I should have gotten him a flower. He got this horrible look on his face and said, "I will never wear one of those." I told him you just wait and he said, "you are probably right. I will get married and my wife will probably boss me like you boss dad and then I will have to wear one." Smart boy we are teaching him young how this all works.
I had such a great time with him. I love to learn even more about his fun personality. He is an amazing boy and going to be something pretty spectacular someday.
No comments:
Post a Comment