Friday, August 17, 2012

4th of July














The 4th was a great day.  Although it was super hot and I was super pregnant, which makes me super uncomfortable, we had alot of fun.  In the morning time we went to Roger's Lake just to swim around, fish and paddle around in our little raft.  In the afternoon we went to the Kintner's and had a meatfest.  It is always fun to be with them.  I am always so grateful that we were able to meet them.  Sometimes it is hard to be away from family, especially on holidays, but they have become like cousins, an aunt and an uncle to my kids.  I love it that we can be ourselves around them and that I can really tell that they love our children even though they are sometimes loud and crazy.  We had some face painting and Laila of course had to face plant her blue face right on their white chair.  The kids got to set off some fireworks and the neighbor guy entertained us with his insane amount of fireworks until one come way to close to blowing up in Jamen's face.  We certainly live in the very best country in the world where we can worship the way we want to and have freedoms and opportunities that others only dream about.  Hopefully we can always remember that and help to support those that fight for those freedoms everyday.  

1 comment:

Barb said...

Laila can come over and get blue face paint on our couch anytime :) We love you guys!