Sunday, May 27, 2012

Soccer







We just finished yet another season of soccer.  It sure makes our lives miserable for the duration of the season.  This year because of ages, the three boys were all on separate teams and it made it tough.  Mike coached two of the three teams and so all we did during the season is go to practices during the week and then Saturdays were taken up mostly of games.  I could probably count how many times we actually got to eat as a family during those weeks.  Mike sure gets beat up and worn out by the end of the last game.  He is such a good dad to take the few minutes he actually has outside of work and being a bishop to be the boys coach.  But all the misery was worth it.  It is very fun to watch our boys get better and better each year that they play.  I was super proud of the progress they made this season.  I did realize that I have to be careful not to be that parent that is way too competitive.  I think I may get into the games just a little too much.  I also realized that I should have played soccer.  It looks so fun.  I sure wish it would have been a bigger sport where I was growing up.  Now on to t-ball. 

No comments: