Thursday, July 7, 2011

Nine Whole Years










Mike and I celebrated our ninth anniversary this year. Some great friends of ours took our kids over night and we were able to go and stay in Chicago. It was so much fun. I think that was the first time we had been alone over night since we moved to Indiana. Of course we had to start the romantic weekend off with a fiery wing challenge at Wing It restaurant. Mike now has his picture on the wall. Nothing says romantic like fiery wings. Then we walked around Chicago. It was good to finally see it close up. The buildings are so tall. I got to see the federal jail. It is the weird triangle building. Mike told me that clear up at the top is where the detainees get to go out and play basketball. We also saw the sears tower (the tallest building in Chicago)it is amazing. We had a great time walking around seeing everything. We didn't even have to chase anyone, yell at anyone, tell anyone to keep their hands to themselves or have to change a stinky bum every 5 minutes. That was sure a change for us. The next day we got to go on a food tour around the city. It was great. We tried lots of different foods and saw a lot of the different architecture in the city. It was all very cool to see but it did remind me why I am just a little town girl.
It was a well needed trip. I think I may even be more in love with Mike now than when I married him. It is incredible how well we know each other and how well we fit together. I am so thankful for him everyday. I couldn't ask for a better husband.

No comments: