Friday, June 10, 2011

Grandma Hatch



My sweet Grandma Hatch passed away a couple of weeks ago. It was very hard to see her go but also a relief for her. She has been having some terrible medical problems and just seemed so miserable. I know she is better now hanging with our Heavenly Father and not in pain all the time but it is hard to think that the next time I go home to visit I will not be able to see her.

Grandma Hatch is not my grandma by blood. My mother worked and lived with her when she moved to Pocatello. My mom and her became very close and soon enough she claimed my mother as her own. All of my grandparents died before we were born or when we were all very young. Grandma Hatch accepted us as her grandchildren. She never treated us differently from all of her own grandchildren. She loved us, supported us, invited us to all of her family parties and always remembered us on our birthdays and Christmas'. As I have aged I have realized what she actually did for us. When I think about it I can't help but cry because of the gratitude I have for her. She didn't have to do it but what she did for me has changed my life forever. What an amazing and giving women. I will miss her greatly and can't wait to see her again someday.

No comments: