Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mom's 70th


















Doesn't my mom look great!! Last week I was able to go home and help throw a 70th birthday party for her. I was talking to Mike about how she was going to be turning 70 and how cool it would be to throw her a party and he said, "Do it". What a good husband. My mom deserves it more than anyone in this world. She has been through a lot and has stayed strong through it all. Plus she is the kindest most loving person and the very best mom and grandma.
I took Laila with me and Mike took the time off work to be with the boys so that I could go. We even got Fayette home from Japan for it. It had been almost 3 years since any of us had seen her and it was great. She was able to stop here at my house first and spend a couple days with my kids and they loved it. She is a great aunt and the kids just love her.
The party was on Saturday and I arrived very late on Thursday night. Friday was spent getting the party together. Maria had done a lot but we finished off the last minute stuff. We put Teri in charge of decorating and it turned out great. My mom is so funny because she gets so nervous for things like that. She hates to be the center of attention. I think after the party started though she had a great time. It was awesome to see all the people that love my mom. I knew they did and it was not surprising to me that they see her like we do. It was great to see people that we hadn't seen in a long time and we got to spend time with our cousins, aunts and uncles. They are just great people.
It was an incredible time with my family. I have the very best family. Just being around my siblings and mom make me remember that we would do anything for each other. That we just love each other no matter what and even though we've been through a lot together there is nothing that will wedge us apart. I also realized how much I miss them when I am far away. I hate the fact that my kids aren't getting time to get to know and love their aunts, uncles, cousins and grandma like they would if we were close. We are truly blessed to have them all in our lives. God must really love us to have blessed us with them all.
Fay took most of the pictures at the party so I will have to add more when I get them from her.

No comments: