
Today, like every Wednesday, I have the always enjoyable duty of coaching practice for one of two soccer teams. As usual, I slid into the driveway with a couple minutes to spare, handed out hugs for the boys, a kiss for Laila, and a high five for Gracie Kintner, a girl from our ward we were taking to practice. I headed straight for my room and started digging through drawers, looking for shorts and a T-shirt. I learned two things today, first, that despite the obvious comfort of it, it is never a good idea to take your clothes off first, and search for your change of clothes second. Secondly, our children have a diminished understanding of privacy. I think I realized this when I looked up from my search to see Noah, who had clearly ignored my circumstances and my closed door, doing back flips on my bed and his little friend Gracie, who he had brought with him, in my doorway with a creepy grin on her face. Now she can tell the whole ward "I saw the Bishop in his underpants!"
Becky took it upon herself to talk to the boys tonight about privacy and how we need to make sure we are respecting each other by giving them privacy when needed. "Privacy is when we knock on the bathroom door, instead of opening it!" "Privacy is when we close our bedroom door when it is time to change." Example after example, the boys paid "close" attention. Becky, being the astute teacher she is, then summed up the nights lesson with a quiz to tie together the newly imparted wisdom sure to change the spirit of respect in our home. Becky carefully selected Noah as he was clearly paying attention. Becky asked "Noah, now what is privacy again?" Noah straightened his back and poked out his chin in confidence and replied "Don't touch your weenie!!!!!"
I think this counts as Family Night, right?
2 comments:
I love your stories they are so funny. Oh Noah.
That is hilarious! You can always count on Gracie to be at the center of some sort of mischief :) Glad your FHE lesson really sunk in--at least Noah learned something! Love Laila's pics and the boys pics from the first day of school. Your kids are adorable!
Post a Comment