I thought taking a couple of days off around Christmas might help me to catch up on a little sleep. My nightly average is somewhere around the five hour mark. I expected the kids to be up early on Christmas eve in anticipation. But, I thought I would be able to sleep a little later on Christmas day (later = 6:15 maybe 6:30) due to the threats that Santa leaves assassin elves in each house to take out little boys that make any noise before daybreak.
Laila had a rough night and was cranky about every 30 minutes. This usually makes Becky very tired (I can only do so much at night due to logistical issues beyond my pay grade) and all signs pointed to a few extra minutes for us both once Laila finally made it to sleep. At least, that is the logical conclusion. The boys followed the pre-Christmas morning instructions to the letter, I know because I was up walking around before six and heard a muted struggle from Jamen picking off Noah halfway down the stairs, a clear violation of rule 31B, and holding him silently hostage, petrified that his toys may be sucked back up the chimney. Why was I up you ask? Why? Not due to the "excitement" of a young child on a drunken binge of "Christmas magic." Not due to an excess of early morning preparation so everything will be just right in order to make truly magical Christmas morning memories. No. In this case it was due to the 31 year old little girl who had been sitting up, wide eyed, since at least 03:30, on a buzz that would not allow her to keep from talking to me. "Oh, I was wondering WHEN you were going to wake up?!" I love kids at Christmas time.
2 comments:
ha ha ha heeeyyyyy! It was the same at my house. Greg always thinks he can sleep in too, but since i can't ever sleep more than an hour at a time on christmas eve. SO, poor greg must suffer as well. awwww!
Oh! You guys are hilarious! Those kids are in for it with parents like you! hahahaha The assasin elves are my favorite!
Post a Comment