Sunday, September 13, 2009

Bitter Sweet




Our garden is coming to an end. It is sad but good at the same time. We have loved all the grub but are tired of the upkeep. We have put in a ton of work because it was the first year as a garden spot. I spend probably a month clearing out the grass but it should be much easier next year. It was fun to try some new things like bok choy, tomatillos, peppers including hot peppers, watermelons, cantaloupe, honeydew, corn, orange and yellow tomatoes and acorn squash. Everything did pretty well. We are going to put a bunch of stuff in the soil for next year and see how it goes. We filled the freezer with everything from spaghetti sauce to chopped up habanero peppers(mike likes them, they are to hot for me.) I forgot to take pictures when it was really growing but here are a few pictures that I did take. The boys loved the potato with a butt and the other is a bok choy.

No comments: