Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Jamen goes to first grade





Today was Jamen's first day of all day school. I really didn't think I would take it this hard. I thought I would think it was nice to have one less kid to have to worry about during the day but that really was not the case. Mike had to tell me to chill out a couple of times. I guess it is just the thought of not seeing him until 3:00 everyday and then there is homework and by the time all of that is done then it's dinner and time to go to bed. Does that leave anytime for us to have an influence on him? It is hard for me because I keep asking myself all the questions like have I taught him enough? Is he ready for this? How is Wiley going to do without Jamen around? What am I going to do without my big helper? Is he going to be happy and like his teacher? Does he know what to do about strangers and bullies and all the crap that goes on in the world today? Then I have to remind myself that this is Jamen and he loves to learn and he loves school and that he is super smart and we have taught him and talked to him about all these things and ultimately what the problem is, is that I have to let my little boy grow up no matter how badly I don't want him to.

2 comments:

Brigham and Kristi said...

I know how you feel Becky, those thoughts go through my head every year. For me it doesn't get easier especially the whole bully thing. Jamen is tough though and he will do great, you guys are wonderful parents and with how well he will do, he has you to thank.

Anonymous said...

It's okay if he grows up he will always be my little Jadog. He is a Barker with a Wood back bone, those bullies will just learn to walk away when he come.